The first thing that strikes me about these shots is the obvious move away from your formal controlled style to a more documentary style. I know that they are inherently documentary in any case but you seem to be more relaxed in your approach and responding to what you see, could be wrong though, perhaps you are just skilled at creating this style. I particularly like those shots of the babies in the 'cage' on the floor. They are so small but yet so much in control of the situation and the adults. The first one would be my pick of the first four, it's compositionally stronger and tells the same story as the others. Love also the reaching for bottle shot and the dominance of the bottle due to lens focal length. Second last shot is a little forced and although it will probably have a place of prominence in their album I think I prefer the last shot, perhaps it's just my preference for documentary over portraiture.
The first thing that strikes me about these shots is the obvious move away from your formal controlled style to a more documentary style. I know that they are inherently documentary in any case but you seem to be more relaxed in your approach and responding to what you see, could be wrong though, perhaps you are just skilled at creating this style. I particularly like those shots of the babies in the 'cage' on the floor. They are so small but yet so much in control of the situation and the adults. The first one would be my pick of the first four, it's compositionally stronger and tells the same story as the others. Love also the reaching for bottle shot and the dominance of the bottle due to lens focal length. Second last shot is a little forced and although it will probably have a place of prominence in their album I think I prefer the last shot, perhaps it's just my preference for documentary over portraiture.
ReplyDelete